Friday 18 May 2007

at isang blog question

I was kinda reading net stories [dunno if they're true-to-life or just fiction] this noon when i encountered a quote saying 'you don't have to wait for the right time or any time to tell someone you love him/her. cuz maybe, just maybe, there will be no next time at all.' I don't know why but I paused for a while and digested those sentences. Then questions were formed inside my mind which I am going to ask you now..
  • what if you are not sure? Is it really love if you are holding back?
  • do we really need to tell someone that we love them if we are not letting anything to happen after that..? eventhough we know that it won't make any difference at all?
  • lastly, i will repeat the second question.. DO WE REALLY NEED TO TELL HIM/HER???

Well, it's just that, for me, i thought my idea was NO. I mean, sometimes, we don't have to. cuz sometimes, we are just being selfish by doing so. But i dunno now. When I read that quote, somehow, it made me doubt my answer to that. Aarrrggghhh... what a drag.. I am now thinking things a bit too much. Maybe I was knocked off by that last sentence.. and finally, last question swirling my thoughts: What are we going to do if we decided to tell them finally and there is really no next time this time?!? Aarrrggghhh!! what a drag quote..

2 comments:

katrina said...

1. holding back doesn't always mean na hindi na yun 'love.' sometimes, "true" love has to wait, specially for God's chosen ones [that's us]. God's plan and timing are perfect, kaya if He keeps you from a relationship now, doesn't mean na He'll hold it away from you forever. Share ko sa'yo yung part sa isang book na nabasa ko which really struck me:
"The questions of when and with whom we pursue a relationship can be confusing and uncomfortable. Most of us would prefer not to face them. Walking by faith isn't our idea of fun. We want the discomfort and risk removed. Before we make a move, we want God to make the situation crystal clear. Do you see the problem? Our mindset is: "God, tell me WHO, tell me HOW, tell me WHEN - and then I'll trust You." What God wants us to see is that if He did this, our trust wouldn't be real. We want a definitive answer so we won't feel vulnerable, weak and dependent on Him. But guess what? We ARE vulnerable, weak and dependent on Him. And it's only when we realize our true condition that God can demonstrate His strength and love on our behalf."
-Joshua Harris, Boy meets Girl

2. para sa akin, you don't need to tell the other person what you feel lalo na kung sa part mo, alam mo na you can't pair that of with commitment [meaning, hindi magiging kayo sa ngayon because of certain reasons](but i'm guilty of this one. maxado ako nagpadala sa emotions. huhu.} Hindi dapat tayo matakot kung wala ng 'next time' for the both of us, kasi if it's part of God's plan na magkaroon ng next time for both of you, whatever happens, magkakaroon at magkakaroon din ng next time :) deshou ne? :)

xD_MJ said...

Hello po,

I was caught by your question as I was surfing the net. Mag shi-share lang po ng experience. I have experienced confessing my love sa isang lalake. The guy was my best friend since high school pa, asa college na kami ngayun. My feelings were over flowing that time. I have to leave and he will be left kaya napagdesisyunan kong sabihin sa kanya. At first I was not so sure if it is the right decision. I am risking our friendship. I have also asked for opinions from our friends. They made me even confuse pero tinuloy ko pa rin po.

I was so shocked by his reply. I have never imagined that he has some feelings to me as well. We tried to start a new relationship since then. I was happy. Really Happy.

But that was for a short period of time. The guy started to feel a little irresponsible. Sabi nya busy daw sa pag-aaral. Then our newly built relationship started to shatter. I was frustrated. di ko alam ang gagawin ko pero in the end I have to accept it. I was thinking that my confessing to him had made our treasured friendship fade away. Grabe ang sisi ko.

In the end, although we were past lovers, we stayed friends pa rin. Ang very amusing thing is we were closer friends ngayun. At mas comportable pa ako ngayun kesa noon na I was secretly admiring him. Merun pa rin yung pagsisisi sa confession ko pero merun din naman yung relief after nung confession na at least I have said what I really felt.

Don't know if it helped but this are my thoughts about your subjects.(sorry for a very long message..)

xD_MJ::